Kaylee

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Annslee

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Addison

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Alivia

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Addison..

I realized that I talked a lot about how Annslee has grown in her three years on this earth but not much about Addison! Addison was a surprise to us as well, I actually went to the doctor to get checked out for a pulmonary embolism since Annslee was only 7 or so months old at the time. The doctor ran labs to check and he told me that it would be awhile that I could go home and wait for the results. I remember laying in the bed resting when the phone rang from the doctor office. The nurse told me that my D-dimer was extremely high and that I need to go to the hospital to have a leg ultrasound done to check for clots. I immediately called Heather to tell her what was going on because I had left clinicals earlier that day. We were in nursing school together! She said that she was in town with her mom and she would wait for me at the hospital. After the leg ultrasounds, the technician called the doctor to let him know the results. All was clear. He asked to speak to me and I can still hear him today in my head, "You scans look great. Baby, you are pregnant." I was ...in shock..."I am," I muttered. "You are...you need to schedule an appointment with your OB as soon as you can." "I will," I told him. I turned to the technician...I remember her asking me if I was okay. I told her I was...I was just expecting a diagnosis of a pulmonary embolism and instead had been told I was pregnant. I immediately went and found Heather and asked her to ride home with me. Either she saw the shock on my face or a ghost, because she didn't hesitate. I remember her asking if I was okay, once were were in the car I told her the news. Driving down the road, I called Marshall and put him on speaker and told him that we were expecting a new bundle of joy. His response was, "I kinda figured you might be." Um...WHY didn't he tell me his suspicions...to this day..I still don't know.

I was really in disbelief that I was pregnant again. I didn't have any of the symptoms that I had experienced with Annslee, at ALL. I couldn't hold ANYTHING down with Annslee...until about 8 or so months! It was a breeze of a pregnancy..I'm sure the next one won't be that easy! Looking back, it was a breeze of a pregnancy, but she is FAR from easy to care for! LOL. She had acid reflux for the first 9 or 10 months of her life. We had to thicken her formula and changed formula more often than we had to change her diaper!  (Or so it seemed.) She was a fussy baby...I blame that on her tummy issues!

The older she has got the easier it has been to care for her. We got her checked for allergies in Dec 2010 and she was clear of any allergies but they did start on her a maintenance inhaler for suspected asthma. It has helped her night time cough immensely!

She has a personality bigger than she is! She love to agitate her sister but goes crazy when she's the only child here! She loves her papaw and daddy very much...well she love everybody but those two are her favorite people. She LOVES to be outside...helping daddy with his trucks and just swinging! Her favorite food now is a "dot dog" or hot dog. She sleeps with the same blankey that Annslee does and hasn't had a bottle since right after her 1st birthday. Her favorite cartoon is "wow wow wubbzy" but Minnie Mouse is her favorite character! She isn't a fan of cake but LOVES gummy snacks! She eats...and eats...and eats...she's a endless pit! They are definitely opposites on many things but they love to dress a like! She talks more than Annslee did at this age (20 months) but she doesn't suck a pacifier either. She knows what she wants and she will let you know. A few words she says are, "Gracie," "Mine," "Sissy," "daddy," "papaw," "nana," "pee-pee," "poo-poo," "dot dog," "drink," "tea," "phone," "pete pete," "No," "stop that," "wow wow," "church," "God," "snow," "play," "want," "bye bye," "coke coke," and many many more! She even puts them into short fragment-y sentences.

She's also taken a interest, early on, to take off her diaper (wet, dry, dirty), and her clothes! She doesn't like shoes or socks and usually takes them off as SOON as we get her buckled in her car seat. She also doesn't like her hair up..even though when it's down it hangs in her eyes! I try to keep it and she does wear bows to church...even if I have to put them in again right before she gets out of the car! She is going to be my cleaner..she loves to put things back where they go. She puts her shoes on the shoe rack when she takes them off...clothes in the clothes basket and diapers in the trash. She is my little helper! :-)

She also does the cutest little thing...she pats you. She will give you a hug and then pat your back. She loves to give kisses but she can be a little rough! She bites and bangs her head on the floor when she gets mad!

I've been blessed with two AMAZING children. I pray that God gives them each other for the rest of the life and that they always cherish the relationship that they have and that they continue to stay close throughout the years. I know they will fight, they already do, but I pray that at the end of the day they still know that they have one another.


Just born. Already showing off that temper! 

Just a few weeks old. 

1 month 2 days old. 






1 year old. At her birthday party 



19 months old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers