Kaylee

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Annslee

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Addison

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Alivia

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kids says the cutest things.

Okay, so I know I still have TONS of Christmas posts to catch up on but I've been thinking about how much Annslee has grown in the past 2 almost 3 years. She was so easy to potty train, once she was ready. We bought our house at the end of March 2010, beginning of April and we moved around mid April. By May, she was potty trained. I remember being in awe that it took her about ONE afternoon to understand how to potty. We came home from church one Sunday and we decided to let her run around diaper-less after we changed clothes. It just so happened that her potty chair, that we got her for her first birthday, was in the play room because I hadn't gotten around to unpacking and putting everything in it's place. It wasn't too long after lunch that we saw her sit down on it and when she stood up, she was SO excited. Every since that minute, she's been potty trained. She's has had a couple accidents here and there, mostly from not making it to the bathroom in time, but otherwise she's done GREAT! She only wore pull-ups two or three nights after she potty trained, and then she refused to put them on after bath so we just let her wear her panties after that and she hasn't had but a few night accidents since then! :-)

In August, we weaned her from her pacifier because we knew that in September she would move from the nursery to a Sunday school class. She asked for several times, at least once or twice a day, but once you told her it was gone she was fine. Until the next time she asked! Haha! The main times she asked for it was when she was sleeping, in trouble or had gotten hurt. She's just growing up too fast! When we weaned her from her pacifier, we were excited about having one less thing to tote around when we were out and about. WRONG! She still carries her blanket, which she has been attached too since she was just a few months old, and shortly after weaned from the pacifier...she started sleeping with and carrying around a teddy bear that I had bought when I was a student at UCA. Then for Christmas, she got a stuffed Monkey, which is now her side kick...along with her blankie. LOL

Since she's gotten rid of the pacifier, her speech has really cleared up and she's taking off with talking! I remember hearing her and Addison playing one day and apparently Addison was doing something that she didn't want her to do or something that Annslee knew she wasn't supposed to be doing. I heard Annslee say, "No, ma'am. Addie." It's amazing how they pick up on phrases that you say, whether you realize that you say them or not. She's heard Kaylee call me Laura, instead of momma, and she's tried it out several times. "Right, 'wawa'." I'll give her a look and she'll say, "Oh, right momma." Haha!

The other day, we went and ate at the Sandwich Shop with Nana, and Addison hit her chin on the table and when she started whining Annslee said, "Bless her heart." She also patted her head as she said it! We decided that she gets that from Nana. :-) It's amazing how much of the subtle things, things that you would have NEVER thought that they were watching  you do or that you even knew you did, that they catch on to and adapt to their 'habits.' She grunts when picking up something heavy or when getting up off the floor. Haha! She says, "whew, we." She is stickler for routine. She has certain things that she wants at night and if that's gets jumbled up, she's isn't a happy camper! It's even worse when she doesn't feel good! When Addison gets in trouble, she will say "Time Out, momma," or when it's bed time, she will say, "Sugar, first. I. want. sugar. first!"

She is my little unexpected miracle! And I cherish every minute and memory spent with her. God has definitely blessed us so immensely and I am forever grateful! I'm sure she does and say more cute things that have slipped my mind in the quietness of this Sunday afternoon, but I will post as I remember! :-)

She has also recently decided that she's interested in dressing herself and picking out her clothes herself. I try to let her do as much as she can, even though it takes longer to get ready to go places. Her new favorite phrase, as of lately, is "all by myself."

Freshly Born...2-8-08

1 year old.. 2-8-09

2 years..2-8-10

2 years 10 months...12-19-10


I guess I should have saved these pictures for a post about her 3rd birthday....but...thinking about her turning three had me reminiscing about her birth and the years that followed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers