Monday, February 7, 2011
Prayer...and Annslee
Friday, (2/4/11), Marshall and I were planning to go shopping for groceries and Annslee's birthday party food items and a couple presents. Marshall was off because the weather was horrid. It was raining with sleet but earlier the roads were covered with snow. Mom came to watch the girls so that we didn't have to get them out in the mess. We decided to eat a quick lunch of left over pizza before we left and as we waited for Annslee and Addison's pizza to cool off we started saying the blessing. We bowed our heads and placed our hands together per Annslee's instructions and began to pray, "God is great, God is good, Let us thank him for our food....." Annslee would STOP every time at the food part, point to the table in front of her and shake her head, "I don't have food, momma." Then 10 seconds later, "Let's talk to God." We start all over again....and then stop at the food part again. FINALLY, her food was ready and together we said the whole pray for the fifth or sixth time. She has it memorized by now and I love that! It was so precious listening to her talking to God. Thursday night when we all sat down for dinner and said this wonderful prayer before dinner and three or four times during dinner. I'm very glad that she's making praying apart of her daily routine. Later Thursday night we prayed for our family, and Thanked God for every one in our family...one by one. We thanked him for our house, lights, food, love, and clothes. I say little bits of the pray and she repeats...she always add clothes in herself. I guess I don't get to it fast enough for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment