Kaylee

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Annslee

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Addison

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Alivia

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

Expecting Again. :-)

While we shopped for groceries and Annslee's birthday presents, I picked up a 2 pack of pregnancy tests to use for next month. I had taken one earlier that week and it was negative. The box said that at the time I took it, it was 52% correct. I was holding on that 48% and when I got home that evening I talked myself into taking one of the two tests. This time instead of just peeing on the stick, I used the cup like they suggested in the instruction packet. I followed all of the instructions to a T...It said to wait until 3 minutes to read...but I was impatient and couldn't wait. I was shocked, excited, thrilled to see TWO pink lines. First person I called...Heather. She was the first person I told with both of my other pregnancies so we had to keep the tradition alive.  Then I sent a text message to my mom of a picture of the test. Her response was "What does it say?" "Two lines," I responded. "What does that me," she said. "Why would I send you a picture of a negative test." LOL. She then said that, "After this one, please get your tubes tided." "I plan on it mom," Then she went on to say, "Now lets just hope this one...is just one." Can you say jinx? :-) We will be happy with whatever God decides to bless our family with and consider ourselves blessed to have more babies! I took the other one that night when we got home. TWO LINES!
Saturday night on top and Sunday morning x 2 on bottom

Friday night. 

Friday afternoon. :-) 

Saturday, after Annslee's party (which is a post all it's own), we went to pay for some furniture in Pine Bluff and I picked up some prenatal vitamins and a 3 pack of pregnancy tests. I took another one when we got home and TWO pink lines! :-) Sunday I was up at the butt crack of dawn, which is EXTREMELY unusual for me so I took the other two and TWO pink lines. Ha! :-) No period yesterday either. It's finally starting to set in...we are having another baby!! I texted my dad and his mom that night to tell them. All that was left to tell was mamaw and papaw JB...and since I had told EVERYBODY else...I left them to Marshall! Ha! He called them Sunday evening between church and told them. Mamaw said "why didn't you just come up here and shoot me?" Haha! By the end of the conversation, they were laughing and happy for us. :-) Then it was FB official! I made my first OB appointment today for tomorrow. I hope that goes well. One of my ex-coworkers is now my doctor's nurse, but I am so excited! :-)


*Note* It it so WEIRD finding out by peeing on a stick and it turning blue or whatever the saying is because when I found out I was pregnant with Annslee I had went to the doctor for what I suspected was an ulcer and Karen told me that before she could medicate me for an ulcer she needed to do a pregnancy test. She led me to a small waiting area to wait for the results...when the results came in she took me to a exam room. I knew something was up. The first words that came out of her mouth, "How badly do you want to be pregnant?" "uhhhh." was my only response! :-) Today, I am very grateful for that "ulcer." THEN when I found out with Addison, I went to the doctor for shortness of breath and they tested me for a pulmonary embolism since I was six or so much out from my c-section with Annslee. The doctor ran a test that had to be sent off so he told me I could wait in the office for results or at home. I chose to wait home and went to nap while I waited for the scariest phone call of my life thus far. I remember the nurse telling me that my levels were extremely elevated and that I needed to head to the hospital for more tests. I immediately called Heather, who was in town with her mom so she meet me at the hospital. After the leg dopplers were done, the ultrasound tech called the doctor to tell him all was clear he asked to speak to me. His first words, "Baby, you are pregnant. Call your OB as soon as possible."

:-)

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for y'all! I can't wait to actually try to get pregnant and get to wait and take the tests since the last one was sprung on us! HA Hope everything goes well tomorrow and we will be praying for y'all! Oh, and I love the new blog look! Gorgeous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :-) We need prayers haha! God has blessed us so greatly. I know it was so surreal to actually pee on a stick and see it be positive! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers