Kaylee

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Annslee

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Addison

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Alivia

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

May 2010

May:
May 4th was the night before Annslee's first surgery. My nerves were on edge all night..she slept between Marshall and I tonight. We had to be at the hospital by 10 and the surgery was scheduled for 12. She couldn't have anything solid after midnight and only juice and water after midnight up until 2 hours before her surgery. I was very thankful she could at least have liquids up until that point...she did really well. We got checked in at the hospital 30 minutes before are scheduled time. She had just been potty trained so we took a diaper just in case they needed it during the surgery. We spent a hour or so, even though it seemed longer, in the play room. Once a room was available and we got her changed into her hospital gown, we met with the doctor again to go over the procedure, the anesthesiologist, and various nurses that would be taking care of her during her surgery and post surgery. I was very relived that she wouldn't be poked for an IV until after she was asleep..and that she would be "chilled" when they came to wheel her away. They gave her something called "goofy juice." She was a hoot! Laughing and smiling. Mom and I was back there with her most of the time because Marshall didn't want to see her so vulnerable but right before they took her back mom went out to the waiting room and sent him back so he could kiss her. I wanted him to see that she wasn't in any pain and wasn't screaming her head off for us. We kissed her goodbye, laid her on the gurney and off she went. It seemed like by the time we got back to the waiting room and sat down the lady at the front desk told us that she was sleeping and that all was well. And in the time it took me to go to the restroom and come back to my seat, they told us she was out and in recovery room doing great! We met again with the doctor post surgery and he reminded of what to expect and that if we saw this or that, that it was completely normal. They took us back to the recovery room and she looked so helpless. She was hooked up to all types of machines plus her IV. The recovery nurse was the sweetest nurse ever and I wish I would have gotten her name! I sat down in the rocker next to Annslee's isolette looking bed afraid to touch my baby. The nurse pick her up and put her in my arms...she was trying so hard to wake up but she was so medicated it was difficult for her. She did manage to drink some apple juice and eat a popsicle. Once she held that down, the nurse walked us to step down recovery, which is where they go before they send us home. We stayed in step down recovery from 1 or so in the afternoon until close or after 4pm. We finally got her aroused enough to be able to get her to hold down some more liquids so her IV could be taken out...her first words were "I hungry nan-ga" She told my mom that she was hungry!! And then she told her she had to go pee pee. "Nana pee-pee." Did I mention before that she's a nana's girl? She is!

Mom took her to the bathroom after they took her vitals signs and then we dressed her signed her discharge papers and headed south to the house! We made a quick stop at the gift shop while daddy went and got the car to get her a gift. She chose a small yellow ducky. We will always have that ducky to remind us of that day! God blessed us greatly!

She ate TWO bags of Puffs cheetos and drank three or four sippy cups of some kind of juice that Nana bought her earlier that day.  We had to pick Addison up at mamaw and papaw's on the way home so we spent some time there. I read over her discharge papers later that night and saw that it said "patient should rest quietly the night of the surgery..resting quietly includes watching tv or reading books on the couch." OPPS. She ran around mamaw's with Addison that evening! :-)

Before surgery

Waiting for surgery

Nana's girl before surgery

Step down recovery

Waiting for her to wake up. She was sleeping very good!

Several hours after her surgery at mamaw's house

Finally waking up. Happy parents to know she's doing great! 

Hospital gown...check. Mom's shoes..check. Nana's hair clip..check. Surgery glove..check 

Play room fun!


May 22..We had Addison's 1st birthday party at our new house! We moved into around April 15th..I don't know if I already mentioned that! It was most of the family's first time to see the new house. We had a blast. Addison got a cozy coupe for her birthday from nana and a wagon from "green" mamaw and papaw. Mommy and Daddy got her a baby doll and a baby doll stroller and some clothes! We grilled burgers and "dot" dogs...well poppa and daddy grilled the burgers in the 115 degree weather while everyone else sat inside visiting! :-) It was a great time and once again we Thank God for all He has given us!

My favorite picture from the party!

What? It's my party and I'll eat two dot dogs at once if I want to!

Annslee dove into the smash cake more than Addison did

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers