Kaylee

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Annslee

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Addison

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Alivia

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

BIG Milestone!

Addison is potty trained!! On Aug 26th, Addison took to the potty and started peeing in the potty like a pro. We kept her in pull ups when we were out of the house, for just in case accidents but she's done so great since then! She's only had a few accidents since then and I. AM. SO. PROUD. OF. HER! I pray that she doesn't regress once Alivia gets here but we've explained to her that all the diapers we have now is for Alivia. She still sleeps in a pull up and most mornings wakes up dry. On the mornings that she wakes up wet, she's very upset about it but I try to explain to her that it's okay. She's grown up SOOO very fast! Until just a few days ago, she was having poop accidents but my mom and I decided that she recognized the urge but didn't quite get how to control it like she did peeing. She'd tell us she had to go poop but never did anything and then shortly after leaving bathroom, we'd find poop in her panties. She's gotten A LOT better a controlling that in the last few days and hasn't had any more accidents with that! :)

We had tried several times since she turned 2 to potty train her. I have fully decided that kids will train themselves when THEY are ready. I can't be ready for her, she had to be ready to it herself! I remembered being so frustrated with her and myself when potty training her was failing miserably because I was ready and she wasn't. Once I stopped trying to "force" her to potty in the potty, she took too it like she'd been doing it all her life. Annslee and Addison both potty trained like that and I plan to use the same method with Alivia. It's a lot less stressful on both the parents and the kids. :)
I can't believe my baby is growing up sooooo very fast! She's about to be a BIG sister and I can't wait to watch her adapt to that new role. God has definitely blessed us with amazing kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers